MATCH REPORT | Spain fought hard until the end (3-2)

Liubliana (Eslovenia) 10 Feb 2018
Saúl Ramos
David M. de Alegría
Bruno Coelho's late penalty sealed victory for Portugal

José Venancio Lopez's side gave every last ounce, but ultimately were beaten by Portugal.

The encounter set off at a frenetic pace and both teams looked to put their stamp on things. However, Spain looked prepared to play a high-risk, high-pressing game.

The game was intense from the off after Ricardinho gave Portugal a 1-0 lead less than a minute into the match.

Pola and Lin led the charge as both tried in vain to level the affair.

The run of play, and the chances Spain were creating, seemed to suggest an equalizer was coming for them. And so it proved, arriving on 18'. Just before the interval the visitors leveled things through Marc Tolrà.

After the break José Venancio Lopez's men began to create openings with greater and greater regularity, and were close to going ahead.

Miguelín and Pola remained as bright as ever and Paco Sedano was in inspirational form once again.

In the 31st minute, Miguelín's free-kick was turned in at the far post by Lin. The international who currently plays for MFK KPRF fired Spain in front.

However Spain's lead lasted just seven minutes before Bruno Coelho leveled.

Ten minutes later he did it again. Bruno Coelho was able to convert a last-minute ten-metre penalty to seal his side's win.

The Spaniards gave it all right up to the last, but they coudn't beat Portugal.

5 inicial: André Sousa, Pedro Cary, Bruno Coelho, Joao Matos y Ricardinho. 
Banquillo: Bebe, Vítor Hugo, André Coelho, Tunha, Nilson Miguel, Fábio Cecílio, Márcio Moreira, Pany Varela y Tiago Brito. 

Coach: Jorge Braz
5 inicial: Paco Sedano, Carlos Ortiz, Pola, Miguelín y Álex.
Banquillo: Jesús Herrero, Marc Tolrà, Bebe, Adolfo, Solano, Lin, Sergio Lozano, Joselito y Rafa Usín.

Coach: José Venancio López
1-0 (00´59") Ricardinho
1-1 (18´54") Marc Tolrà
(31´36") Lin
(38´18") Bruno Coelho
(49´05") Bruno Coelho de doble-penalti
Ondrej Cerny (República Checa) y Sasa Tomic (Croacia): Mostraron tarjeta amarilla a Nilson Miguel (32´)  por parte de Portugal y a Rafa Usín (46´) de España 
Tercer árbitro: Alessandro Malfer (Italia)
Cronometrador: Josip Barton (Macedonia)
Final de la Eurocopa de fútbol sala de Eslovenia 2018.
Pabellón Arena Stožice de Liubliana (Eslovenia). 10.352 espectadores.
Estuvieron presentes en el palco: Juan Luis Larrea, Esther Gascón, secretaria general de la RFEF, José Ramón Lete, presidente del CSD; el embajador de España en Eslovenia, José Luis de la Peña; Pedro Rocha, presidente del CNFS-RFEF, Eduardo Caturla, presidente del Comité Nacional de Entrenadores así como el responsable de la delegación española Juan Manuel Carreras y el delegado de la selección José Luis Sáez. El presidente de UEFA,  Aleksander Čeferin, hizo entrega del trofeo al equipo ganador.